Friday 31 January 2014

Completing the Telegram


Still using the telegram image I used as my initial inspiration I discovered that the information was not printed directly onto the telegram paper but typed on a typewriter and then ripped and stuck down to form the message. As I did not have a typewriter, but still wanted to achieve this effect I found that I could use a stamp that was used for stamping addresses onto documents, I simply used the small letters provided to form My desired message, which was the date, place and name of the exhibition. I found that using simple phrases and short sentences worked very well, because the point of a telegram was to be short and to the point.

By using the stamps and the ripped paper, I created a poster that gave the required information while still retaining a feel of the 1940’s wartime Britain. When this was scanned some of the colours we drained from it, as it appears slightly darker in physical form.

No comments:

Post a Comment