Friday 24 January 2014

Mixed Media Image Making Experiments

 
 For my first idea/experiment I used the concept of the telegrams that were sent in WW2 to deliver messages and information. I thought that this matched what I wanted to use the telegram for. I want to make an invitation that can be posted to the person. I think this will work because I could create a basic template and print it out on worn brown paper. A typewiter or letter stamps can be used on pale paper to type out the address and date of the exhibtion, then these will be cut up and ripped to replicate the telegram shown above. This idea also has the potential to be turned into a large billboard, because I feel that this would be very eye catching. Also I want to use image transfer to put images from my photoshots in the background of the telegram, the worn nature of the image tranfer will match my chosen era.
For this experiment I am planning to use the idea of a clothing ration book as a gallery program. The idea of ration book now only fits in with my theme but also works well as a small handheld booklet that would easily contain the needed infornation. I have bought a replica book from the internet and have scanned it into the computer in order to print out more and experiment with layout and designs. I plan on filling out the first page by hand in neat caligraphy type handwriting, this will contain the infornation of which gallery, the name of the exhibition and the date of which it is held. The inner pages will contain information about the exhibition and where certain pieces will be positioned. I will also use some of my fashion illustrations to make the booklet look much more interesting to view.
For my final idea I decided to use morse code as an advertisment. I chose this because morse code was a popular way of corispoding during wartime Britain. I plan on using this both as a sound based and a visual based response, by using stop motion animation. I plan on cutting out an outline of the morse code tapper and using a real hand interacting with the paper cutout. The sound will come from a program I found that translate morse code from text to sound. The message I will be using is 'Fashion Loves Art'.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment